Fruits, fruits, fruits! Are they not the most wonderful creatures of nature? Aside from their appealing looks and irresistible tastes, their nutrition profile helps our body stay healthy and fit! As I was browsing on the blog Power Your Diet, I’ve come across some magical powers of fruits:
- Fruits provide plenty of soluble dietary fiber, which helps to ward of cholesterol and fats from the body and to get relief from constipation as well
- Fruits contain many anti-oxidants (for example, vitamin C). These compounds help body protected from stress, diseases, and cancers. Also, they help the body develop capacity to fight against these ailments by boosting our immune system.
I will introduce the ultimate fruit salad recipe that works for all kinds of fruits!
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups of green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 small apple, cut into chunks
- 1 small cantaloup, cut into chunks
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Combine the fruit in a large bowl
- Pour the orange juice over and toss to coat
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours then stir just before serving